Our Health & Safety Standards
The arrival of the novel coronavirus virus (COVID-19) has brought significant challenges to us all and we are deeply concerned about the health and well-being of those impacted. Our guests, staff, and the communities we serve will always be our top priority.
We are closely monitoring information from the CDC and public health officials on the evolving crisis and remain committed to being transparent about our actions. Respectfully, we ask guests that are experiencing a fever or flu-like symptoms not to visit our cafes but to consider ordering from a delivery partner. Please help us protect our staff and guests.
Following governmental mandates regarding gatherings and social distancing, all Top Pot cafes are currently open for take-out only. In the interest of our collective health, we anticipate maintaining this for some time. In addition to continuing our already high level of cleanliness and sanitation practices, we are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe experience for all. All of our cafes have the following initiatives in place:
- Cloth Face Coverings & Gloves for Café and Bakery Staff: We have sourced non-medical grade re-usable face coverings for our staff. They may also choose their own masks or face coverings. We will continue to adapt our approach based on guidance from health experts and availability of supply in the system. Gloves are required when handling all food packaging and ready-to-eat food.
- Hand Sanitizer: All cafes have hand sanitizer available for guest and staff use.
- Plexiglass Counter & Drive-Thru Barriers: We have commissioned plexi barriers for our cafés and drive-thrus and will be installing these barriers over the next couple of weeks as supplies become available.
- Condiment Placement: We have temporarily relocated our coffee condiments (creamers, napkins, stir sticks and lids) from the beverage station to behind the counter where they are available upon guest request.
- Social Distancing Reminders & One-Way Directionals: We have placed floor decals in every location to remind guests in our lobby to maintain social distancing protocols. In applicable cafes, signage is in place to ensure single direction traffic. We are making every effort to socially distance behind the counter. As such, wait times may be a bit longer than usual. Thank you for your patience and support.
- Enhanced Daily Cleaning Protocols: We have increased the frequency of our cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces, emphasizing cleaning all “touchpoints” – places where guests come in contact with surfaces – multiple times a day with a hospital-grade cleaner which is effective against COVID-19. Our bathrooms are closed to minimize touchpoints and will re-open with seating.
- Thorough and Frequent Hand Washing: All of our staff members are instructed to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently between tasks and minimally every 30 minutes.
We are offering curbside pick-up at many locations, are utilizing the walk-up window at Alki, and have a drive-thru option at our Edmonds, Issaquah, and Bothell cafes.
We care deeply about our people, they are what makes our company so special. With that as our guiding principle, we:
- Ensure that our teams have the information they need to remain healthy and instructing them to stay home if they’re not feeling well.
- Continue to honor our existing Sick Policy, making sure that our staff stay home if they’re unwell. We offer paid sick leave to all of our staff to make this easier for them.
- Are maintaining benefits eligibility for all staff members who may not be able to maintain the required work hours, either due to their own illness or lack of available hours.
- Have implemented an emergency paid sick time policy which will help ensure that our staff are able to stay home if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or diagnosed with COVID-19. This includes covering the cost of required testing for COVID-19 under a doctor’s order and temporary expanded Sick Pay for all staff.
- Offer a free Employee Assistance Program to all staff as part of their regular benefits. If any staff member finds themselves in need of mental health resources, legal guidance, career coaching, or financial planning assistance during this challenging time they can utilize this resource for ongoing support.
Top Pot has always been a community-driven business. We take great pleasure in being a small part of your celebrations and pride in offering comfort in times of hardship. We are tirelessly evaluating this very fluid situation and are committed to being proactive and responsive as new information becomes available. The health and wellbeing of our staff and guests will continue to be the driving force in our decisions moving forward.