Our Health & Safety Standards
Top Pot continues to be a community-driven business. We take great pleasure in being a small part of your celebrations and pride in offering comfort in times of hardship. The health and wellbeing of our staff and guests will continue to be the driving force in our decisions as we move forward in the COVID-19 crisis.
We are being proactive and responsive as new information becomes available. Following recent adjustments to mandates and guidelines, we are continuing our already high level of cleanliness and sanitation practices and we are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe experience for all.
Respectfully, we ask guests that are experiencing a fever or flu-like symptoms not to visit our cafes but to consider ordering from a delivery partner. Please help us protect our staff and guests.
All of our cafes have the following initiatives in place:
- Cloth Face Coverings & Gloves for Café and Bakery Staff: Gloves are required when handling all food packaging and ready-to-eat food. We have sourced non-medical grade re-usable face coverings for our staff that choose or are required to wear. They may also choose their own masks or face coverings. We will continue to adapt our approach based on guidance from health experts.
- Hand Sanitizer: All cafes have hand sanitizer available for guest and staff use.
- Plexiglass Counter & Drive-Thru Barriers: We have commissioned plexi barriers for our cafés and drive-thrus that will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
- Condiment Placement: We have temporarily relocated our direct touch coffee condiments (creamers, stir sticks and lids) from the beverage station to behind the counter where they are available upon guest request.
- Enhanced Daily Cleaning Protocols: We have increased the frequency of our cleaning and sanitizing of all surfaces, emphasizing cleaning all “touchpoints” – places where guests come in contact with surfaces – multiple times a day with a hospital-grade cleaner which is effective against COVID-19. Our bathrooms are closed to minimize touchpoints and will re-open with seating.
- Thorough and Frequent Hand Washing: All of our staff members are instructed to wash their hands thoroughly and frequently between tasks and minimally every 30 minutes.
We are continuing to offer curbside pick-up at many locations and have a drive-thru option at our Edmonds, Issaquah, and Bothell cafes.